perl upgrade woes -- how to best reconcile?

Chris H bsd-lists at 1command.com
Tue Jul 9 09:18:54 UTC 2013

Greetings,
 As my upgrade also required the change to subversion, it's been quite a challenge.
I've nearly sorted out all the loose ends. But have a real issue with the
path change for Perl. Yes, I've read UPDATING.
For the most part, I upgraded all the ports via portmaster(8). But apparently
that doesn't get it. While Perl seems to work, I receive a few errors, and have nearly
no access to the (info|man)pages. An example error:
perlinfo Date::Manip::Offset
Subroutine path redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12/BSDPAN/BSDPAN.pm line 29.
Subroutine canonical_path redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12/BSDPAN/BSDPAN.pm line 33.
Subroutine perl_version redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12/BSDPAN/BSDPAN.pm line 42.
Subroutine perl_arch redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12/BSDPAN/BSDPAN.pm line 47.
Subroutine builds_port redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12/BSDPAN/BSDPAN.pm line 51.
Subroutine builds_standalone redefined at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12/BSDPAN/BSDPAN.pm line 66.

How do I best sort this all out. I _really_ miss the perl_after_upgrade script, that
used to accompany this process.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--chris