When will subversion be ready for updating/upgrading src && ports?

bsd-lists at hush.com bsd-lists at hush.com
Sat Jul 6 03:38:09 UTC 2013

Greetings,
 Well after posting a couple of questions to the list regarding questions I had before
migrating from (cv)sup to subversion, I took the leap:

mv /usr/src/ /usr/src.old/

mkdir /usr/src

mv /usr/ports/ /usr/ports.old/

mkdir /usr/ports

rm -fr /var/db/sup/*
rm -fr /var/db/portsnap/*

svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/8 /usr/src

svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

I then performed a portmaster -a

which left me with a non-working X desktop.
Turned out to be a problem with the Nvidia driver -- was 2.9.40, now 3.10.14.
But loading it in loader.conf didn't create /dev/nvidia0, or /dev/nvidiactl
To make a long story short, I attempted to update my src && ports, and try agaiin;

svn update svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports
FAILED! I don't have the exact output
So I tried:
cd /usr/ports
svn update
Which replied:
svn: E155036: Please see the 'svn upgrade' command
svn: E155036: The working copy at '/usr/ports'
is too old (format 29) to work with client version '1.8.0 (r1490375)' (expects f
ormat 31). You need to upgrade the working copy first.

So I guess subversion isn't (yet) designed for this sort of stuff, which leaves me with a useless box. :(

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--chris