svn - but smaller?

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Mon Jan 28 13:43:38 UTC 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 10:27 PM, John Mehr wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:03:35 -0500
>  "Isaac (.ike) Levy" <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:
>> On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:27 PM, John Mehr wrote:
>>> Thank you for the kind words.  If all goes well (I'm still wearing my "Crown of Naive Optimism") I should have something ready for show-and-tell in the next week or so and I'll be submitting it as a new port soon after that.
>> John, Pullin' for you man!
>> If you make progress, please give a shout and I'll note it in this page:
>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource
>> Best,
>> .ike
>
> Hello,
>
> I think I've got all of the protocol issues sorted out as good as they'll probably get.  I can't get the exact file permissions from the get-file requests -- it only lets me know which ones are executable.  Setting executables to 0755 and non-executables to 0644 would work for all files in my copy of /usr/src except for /usr/src/usr.bin/lex/mkskel.sh (0744) and /usr/src/usr.sbin/pkg_install/tkpkg (0754).  Since they're both executable for root, unless there's an issue, we could probably let it slide and assign them 0755 permissions.
>
> All I have left at this point is to add support for command line configuration options, add comments, tidy everything up, get it to conform to the "man style" guidelines and test it against a remote repository.

Hey Jonn, this news is better than my Monday AM coffee.

Once you have something working, however crudely, I'd love to link/post/reference it on the growing wiki page- so folks can give it a whirl.
https://wiki.freebsd.org/UsersFetchingSource

(If this project succeeds, it will neatly get rid of the purpose of the page!)

Thanks-

Best,
.ike