svn - but smaller?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Jan 24 14:46:48 UTC 2013

Hi, all,

Am 24.01.2013 um 15:20 schrieb Gyrd Thane Lange <gyrd-se at thanelange.no>:
> It is not a well publicized fact, but I understand that the base utility freebsd-update(8) through it's freebsd-update.conf(5) is able to pull the base sources (/usr/src/) only instead of also updating your binaries.
>
> less /etc/freebsd-update.conf
>
>  # Components of the base system which should be kept updated.
>  Components src world kernel
>
> The above setting is the default, but you may easily leave out everything but "src". (Caveat: I have not tried it myself yet.)
> It also have some optional settings for preserving local changes to the source instead of blowing them away (default).
>
> This will allow you to use the sources for a custom build and install yourself.

I tried that and found that at least /usr/src/UPDATING was not touched by freebsd-update.
See <E4E97BB3-4535-4E9F-AD78-E16A94F75579 at punkt.de> on this list.

Any hints welcome - must have been doing someting wrong.

Thanks
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100