Does / Is anyone maintaining CVS for FreeBSD?

Thomas Mueller mueller23 at insightbb.com
Wed Jan 2 11:08:32 UTC 2013

> There has been some discussion about removing CVS from the base system
> now it is no longer used.  No concensus was reached, so it's not going
> away immediately (and would not be removed from 9.x or earlier branches
> in any case).

> CVS is (and will remain) available in ports (devel/cvs).

> --
> Peter Jeremy

Now CVS may be no longer used for FreeBSD servers, but NetBSD servers still use it for system source and pkgsrc.

I like to keep up with NetBSD 6-STABLE and HEAD, maybe a final try for NetBSD 5.2, and that includes pkgsrc.

If somebody could persuade NetBSD to switch to svn, I would surely not quarrel.

Tom