Does / Is anyone maintaining CVS for FreeBSD?

Mark van Dijk lists at internecto.net
Tue Jan 1 15:52:54 UTC 2013

On 01-01-13 15:55, Eitan Adler wrote:
> On 1 January 2013 02:54, Derek Kulinski <takeda at takeda.tk> wrote:
>> That said I would totally understand you being upset if FreeBSD would
>> decide to switch to git, since despite its benefits that is a huge
>> change, and would definitely be hard for people to adjust.
>
> Just In Case:
>
> FreeBSD has no plans to switch to get in either the short or long
> term.  We will however offer git repositories and first-class cousins
> via git.freebsd.org and github.

I am currently using:

https://gitorious.org/freebsd/freebsd (I use this for /usr/src)
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports (for ports, obviously)

I just check them out from git, make local modifications in a separate
branch, and keep rebasing this branch with the above.

Now as an aside, I don't know how other people experience the way
FreeBSD is organised but how it all comes across to me is comparable to
these pictures:

http://is.gd/7xhMU7

It would probably be a good idea to use 2013 for a lot of cleaning up,
or is this a silly suggestion? I hope I am not sounding too facetious,
I've only been using FreeBSD for about a year and a half. In that time I
did find that a lot of information is relatively obscure (for example,
there is a ton of good info in Makefiles and mk files) but this info is
not always consistent. And sometimes pretty hard to find.

Pleasant new year everyone,
Mark