9.1 AMD64 multitasking efficiency low

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Wed Feb 13 10:06:23 UTC 2013

I am not sure if this is the case of external drive, it only helped us
to figure out that problem is with writing to ICH SATA - WDC
configuration. It was also slow in 9.0 I guess, this is why I have
switched from Ext2 to UFS2 to get some speedup, so things are lets say
acceptable for the Atari fan =)

Maybe the configuration of buffering/cache is wrong and can be fixed
easily with camcontrol but I have no experience with that, I have
started poking a bit but it coredumped, and I am not really keen to
misconfigura that drive and lose all data, so I prefer to wait for
someone with experience to come into discussion :-)

Best regards :-)
Tomek