status of autotuning freebsd for 9.2

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnilan.de
Fri Aug 16 14:11:24 UTC 2013

 Bezüglich Pascal Drecker's Nachricht vom 16.07.2013 21:42 (localtime):
>    >>>> IMHO, this is considered a new feature, and not a critical bug
>    fix. re@
>    >>> asked from the start of the code slush to avoid new features, and
>    at
>    >>> this point, it is too late. It is not worth introducing possible
>    >>> regressions, which will only delay the 9.2-RELEASE.
>    >>>
>    >>> Glen
>    >>>
>    >>> OK, then we need a release notes telling people a sane value for
>    >> nmbclusters and friends so that they know how to make 10gigE work.
>    >>
>    >> I'll poll my team for a value if someone else has one, that would be
>    even
>    >> better.
>    >>
>    >> --
>    >> Alfred Perlstein
>    >> VP Software Engineering, iXsystems
>    >
>    >
>    >Is there a possibility that a separate unofficial patch set could be
>    >released for people who want the autotuning but do not want to run 9
>    >stable after 9.2 is released.
>    >I would like the autotuning, but i am a little reluctent to use other
>    >stable stuff i will get when tracking stable.
>    >
>    >Regards
>    >Johan
>
>    Hi,
>
>    I think that's a good point.
>
>    In our company, it�s not allowed to use the stable tree for any
>    production system. Little and useful patches are still allowed.
>
>    Having a central point with a description of each patch it would be
>    much easier to update the release version with the needed patches.

You're welcome using my "deploy-tools" patchsets.
I'm deploying RELENG only, but with local patchset-policy. Originally,
these are automtically handled during build-process with deploy-tools,
but of course you can selective/manually apply the desired patches from
the "local-patches" directory:

ftp://ftp.omnilan.de/pub/FreeBSD/OmniLAN/deploy-tools/

Best regards,

-Harry