Installer on serial-console-only-embedded system

Teske, Devin Devin.Teske at fisglobal.com
Mon Aug 12 13:53:19 UTC 2013

sysinstall had the ability to allow you to muck with /etc/ttys before rebooting to your installed OS.

This functionality is coming back slowly.

In 9.2-R you will be able to (somehow) bow out of the installation process after it's complete (e.g., "Ctrl-C" ??) and then run bsdconfig -- invoking the "TTYs" module, giving you a chance to change the settings before you reboot from your newly installed system.

Tighter Integration will follow in the years to come... but replacing a tool that had a 15-year run which did _all_ of this stuff, is/was not an overnight project. Rather, it's a journey!
--
Devin