Installer on serial-console-only-embedded system

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Mon Aug 12 12:34:08 UTC 2013

Hello :-)

With my friend Jacek we have tried to perform PXE installation of
FreeBSD 9 on an i386 embedded system for one project. This required
adding "-h" or "comconsole" to the /boot/loader.conf so the
input-output is done with serial console port, not video console.
However, after installation, on this embedded system with no video
console, system seems to be configured to use videoconsole by
default...

Is it possible to add this nice feature to the new installer that
would recognise if installation is done with serial-port-console and
then setup the installed system to work with serial-port-console by
default not the videoconsole? We could try it out on 9.2-RC2 if
possible :-)

Best regards! :-)
Tomek