wireless mouse on 9.1

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Mon Apr 22 14:16:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:51:08 -0500
Chuck Burns <break19 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/21/2013 7:04 PM, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > the M570? I have it too. As it was my first wireless and they do not
> > sell the wired anymore, I worried about battery life time. It was
> > one year for the first battery.
> >
> > The trackman was running on 8.2 and is now running on 10 without any
> > problems too.
> >
> > Erich
>
> Yes.  It is my second wireless trackman, and my fourth trackman.

I do not know how many I have owned. It must have been more than 20
years ago when I bought my first one.

I also owned several mice. The first one was their first mouse with
three buttons. I stopped using it after computers did not have serial
ports anymore. So, it simply worked and worked and worked.

> The first one I had many years ago, kept it for almost 4 years, left
> mouse button stopped clicking, Logitech sent me a replacement with a
> wheel, since they'd stopped making the original.  I lost that one in
> a hurricane.  About 4 years ago, I bought my first wireless one.
> About 2 years ago the receiver simply died.  Logitech sent me the
> m570 as a replacement.

None failed for me while being on service. One was eaten alive by
termites, some got thrown away by an ex. Some gone missing in action.
Two are doing currently active service. One with cable, one without.

> Yea.. I've been happy with Logitech.  I didn't even pay for shipping,
> didn't have to send the old ones back. I was told "Throw em away,
> sell em at a yard sale, we don't want them back..."

I am not able to tell how these things are handled on the other side of
the globe.

Erich