IKEv2/IPSEC "Road Warrior" VPN Tunneling?

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Wed Apr 17 19:06:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:31:37 -0500
Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:

> Is there a "cookbook" for setting this up?  There are examples for
> setting up a tunnel between two fixed-address networks (e.g. a remote
> LAN that needs to be "integrated" with a central LAN over IPSec but I
> can't find anything addressing the other situation -- remote user(s)
> where the connecting IPs are not known in advance, such as a person with
> a laptop or smartphone in a random hotel.
>
> (And is there a better list for this in the freebsd-* paradigm for the
> question?)

Sorry for answering this late,

As mentionned in another answer, you can start with the roadwarrior server/client configuration in ipsec-tools examples. To work with FreeBSD, the phase1-up.sh and phase1-down.sh scripts must be customized.

I've attached both scripts, tell me if it does not work, I'll upload them somewhere (maybe propose them for inclusion in the port tree?)

--
Matthieu Volat <mazhe at alkumuna.eu>