IKEv2/IPSEC "Road Warrior" VPN Tunneling?

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Wed Apr 17 09:58:31 UTC 2013

Hello Karl and FreeBSD friends,

I recall having read about racoon and roadwarrior. Have a look to
/usr/local/share/examples/ipsec-tools/, if you have installed it. I'm also
planning to install this on my server. However I have only little time at
the moment. I'm also looking for examples of configuration files to work
with.

Please keep us informed about your progress.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 05:31:37PM -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:
> Is there a "cookbook" for setting this up?  There are examples for
> setting up a tunnel between two fixed-address networks (e.g. a remote
> LAN that needs to be "integrated" with a central LAN over IPSec but I
> can't find anything addressing the other situation -- remote user(s)
> where the connecting IPs are not known in advance, such as a person with
> a laptop or smartphone in a random hotel.
>
> (And is there a better list for this in the freebsd-* paradigm for the
> question?)
>
> --
> -- Karl Denninger
> /The Market Ticker ®/ <http://market-ticker.org>
> Cuda Systems LLC

Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Willy

*************************************
Dr. W.K. Offermans
CAT Fellow
CAT Catalytic Center
Institut für Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie
RWTH Aachen
Worringerweg 1, Raum 38C-150
D-52074 Aachen, Germany
Phone:  +49 241 80 28592
Fax:    +49 241 80 22593
Home:   +31 45 544 49 44
Mobile: +31 681 15 87 68
e-mail: Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
e-mail: Willy.Offermans at CatalyticCenter.RWTH-Aachen.de