make release fails on find

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 31 03:19:17 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:07:24PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> I do not remember why, specifically, but the change in question was not
> merged to the releng/9.1 branch.
>
> Please try the following, in the top-level directory of your releng/9.1
> source checkout:
>
>     svn merge -c240077 ^/head/Makefile.inc1 Makefile.inc1
>
> It worked for me fine.  Unfortunately, it is far too late in the release
> cycle for that change to make it into 9.1-RELEASE.

To be clear, I mean the release build worked.

> Unfortunately, this does not have anything to do with the recursing in
> the usr/src tarball.  Please let me know if you continue to see that
> happen, as this is the _single_ most reported issue that I have had zero
> luck reproducing...

And, look at that.  I'm finally able to reproduce this recursion
problem.

Looks that that, too, was fixed in head, but not merged.

So, please also do:

    svn merge -c241451 ^/head/release release

At that point, things _should_ work as you expect.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

Glen