9.1-RC2 - could it be that the installer does not write the MBR?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Oct 17 20:56:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I tried to install 9.1-RC2 amd64 on two disks that previously had some version of Solaris installed (with grub as boot-manager).
The installation would always be successful, but it would just boot to grub and then sit there.

It's a rather old G1 BL460C blade, but 9.0 installs flawlessly.

I didn't have time to really test it through because the server needed to get installed and it had taken me some time to realize what had happened.

Maybe someone might want to look into this.