FreeBSD 10-CURRENT and 9-STABLE snapshots

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 11 00:49:00 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 02:28:05AM +0200, Claude Buisson wrote:
> >> - the recently created snapshots.glenbarber.us is much more limited
> >
> > May I ask what it is that is limiting?  If there is some limitation, I
> > certainly will do what I can to address it.
> >
> > Right now, the limitations I am already aware of are:

[...]

> You said it, I have nothing to add.

Thank you for clarifying.  Hopefully within the next few days, I'll have
the stable/8 snapshot building issue fixed.[1]  The space issue, right
now, is a bit out of my control at the moment.

[1] For reference on why the stable/8 snapshots are a problem for me, I
am building all snapshots on a single 64-bit machine.  The normal magic
used by the release build script on -CURRENT does not work out-of-box
because additional make(1) flags are required and/or incompatible with
the flags for the stable/9 and head/ branches.

> > As mentioned in my original email, I certainly do welcome feedback.  I
> > certainly will do what I can to address any issues and/or limitations.
> >

> Do not misinterpret my mail: I really think that your work is useful.

No misinterpretation at all.  I appreciate the feedback.

Glen