Some new hardware with 9.1 does not reboot easily

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at digiware.nl
Fri Nov 23 16:12:45 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-23 15:31, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 23/11/2012 15:09 Patrick Lamaiziere said the following:
>> Le Thu, 22 Nov 2012 11:41:54 +0200,
>> Andriy Gapon <avg at FreeBSD.org> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello,

>>> The patch:
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/zfs-vfs.4.diff
>>
>> It does not apply on 9.1 RC-3.
>>
>> I've got a similar problem.
>
> With the same backtrace of init?
>
> Willem massaged the patch to apply to stable/9 and promised to share his patch.

I have applied the patch but at the moment it does not fix anything....
If I go reboot, it still hangs.

CTL-ALT-DEL give the last burp from the console buffer.
And then the cycle goes again, with all the time outs.

So there is too much difference between Head and 9.1-RC3 in
functionality for you Head patch to work on 9.1-PRERELEASE.
I needed to manually patch for 3 rejects, 2 of them looked like an
offset problem. But I was more serious....
Also the vrecycle seems to have lost a parameter in Head: curthread...??

The patch in essence was > 1400 lines... Most of it small changes, but
some of them are probably rather essential. And have to do with locking
and getting things locked in the proper sequence.

So to get it working I need some help to point to the essential code to
have a look at... And then I'll try and prod a bit.

Or I can send a SVN diff and others have a look at it as well.

--WjW