Some new hardware with 9.1 does not reboot easily

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 23 15:34:46 UTC 2012

on 23/11/2012 17:25 Patrick Lamaiziere said the following:
> I've applied your previous patch (#3, I think) to 9.1 with
> few modifications but a quick test doing a "poudriere bulk" (lot of
> ZFS mount/rollback) shows that the system quickly becomes instable. I
> didn't find the time to dig into this.

Please note that the patches are produced against head, so their applicability to
stable is a moving thing.  Sometimes they can apply just fine, but would be
incorrect, because of some changes that are committed to head, but not MFC-ed yet.

In either case, if you run into problems please report them.
Because, you know, when I commit and MFC the changes you might be affected to a
greater degree than during this testing phase.

"Unstable system" is way way too vague to describe a problem.

--
Andriy Gapon