agp in kernel

Zoran Fooboo zoranfooboo at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 05:50:10 UTC 2012

> I don't see how the AGP driver could interfere in a system that does
> not have any AGP hardware.  The driver does not have any matching
> hardware to attach to so it's just unused code in memory.

Sounds logical, but take a look at this post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-stable@freebsd.org/msg121942.html

It is Kostik Belousov's reply. What next I have on my mind is:
if I install vanilla 9.1, install intel driver, if I make
xorg.conf, would it work out of the box? Is it necessary to
compile from the source with KMS and NEW_XORG?

                                    Zoran