wine, gcc and clang with CPUTYPE

Howard Goldstein hg at queue.to
Mon Nov 5 15:47:39 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 07:26, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:

>>> Oct 24 01:47:20 limbo kernel: CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ (1833.95-MHz
>>> 686-class CPU)
>>> Oct 24 01:47:20 limbo kernel: Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x6a0
>>> Family = 0x6  Model = 0xa  Stepping = 0
>>
>> Ok, this CPU should be recognized by llvm as "athlon-xp".  There is in
>> fact no need to compile all the WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS programs, I just
>> remembered.
>>
>> If you compile a sample program with -march=native -v, it should show
>> you the detected CPU in the verbose command line output, e.g.:

Volodymyr, your initial email in this thread regarding clang's being
stuck on native code generation allowed me to wrap up a week of fighting
with an updated production box with a weird wine issue - thank you!

FWIW I filed a pr on this.  You've done much more useful legwork towards
a solution of the problem and I wanted to point it out to everyone how
helpful it was.  THANK YOU!

The pr is at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=173337

Howard