8.3-PRERELEASE and ATA_CAM

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Mon May 14 05:01:40 UTC 2012

On Apr 6, 2012, at 0:48, Daniel Braniss wrote:

> with the latest svn, I can't compile kernel with  options ATA_CAM:

> linking kernel.debug
> ata-disk.o(.text+0x93): In function `ad_init':
> /r+d/stable/8.3/sys/dev/ata/ata-disk.c:389: undefined reference to
> `ata_setmode'

I ran into this, too (on 9.0).

In my kernel config I include GENERIC and then have a bunch of (mostly) nooptions, nodevice to get a smaller kernel.

To make it compile after updating /usr/src to the latest STABLE (from 9.0-RELEASE) I added

option         ATA_CAM
device         da

nodevice ata
nodevice atadisk

... but this makes the boot loader unable to find/see any partitions at all.

What devices am I missing?   I am booting from a compact flash ata interface on Soekris and PCEngines Alix boards.

Ask