157k interrupts per second causing 60% CPU load on idle system

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Mar 22 14:46:55 UTC 2012

On 3/22/2012 10:33 AM, Matt Thyer wrote:

> The original post tells you this.
> I've already updated to the latest BIOS and this could have caused the
> problem.

Sorry, what I was getting at was that a bad bios (eg latest could have
introduced a regression) can cause the symptoms you are seeing. The bios
change sure seemed to fix my problem.

In the mean time, try dmidecode to extract some of the versions of the
BIOS and hardware you are using.  Perhaps it might tweak someone's
memory to a similar problem as yours.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400