Changes brought to bce(4) disabling ipmi access during boot

Paul Guyot paulguyot at ieee.org
Sat Mar 17 17:12:34 UTC 2012

Le 18 mars 2012 à 01:38, YongHyeon PYUN a écrit :

>> From what I understand, both new conditions that may return early are true ((ifp->if_drv_flags & IFF_DRV_RUNNING) == 0 and later (mii->mii_media_status & IFM_ACTIVE) != IFM_ACTIVE), which yields bce_link_up to be FALSE. Yet I am confused by the role of actually writing to BCE_EMAC_MODE in order to keep the iDRAC link up, and wether the issue would not come from another part of the change.
>>

> Because there is no publicly available documentation for ASF/IPMI
> link handling it's not clear what steps should be taken whenever
> its link state is changed.  Previously bce(4) seems to drive
> bce_tick regardless of driver running state.
> New patch attached.

It still does not work :(

I tried to additionally comment lines as in:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2011-September/029915.html
but without success.

Unfortunately, adding log messages is only an option if the boot succeeds to be able to dmesg later on.

Paul
--
Semiocast            http://semiocast.com/
+33.183627948 - 20 rue Lacaze, 75014 Paris