Time Clock Stops in FreeBSD 9.0 guest running under ESXi 5.0

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Mar 10 10:10:27 UTC 2012

On 10. Mar 2012, at 08:07 , Adam Strohl wrote:

> I've now seen this on two different VMs on two different ESXi servers (Xeon based hosts but different hardware otherwise and at different facilities):
>
> Everything runs fine for weeks then (seemingly) suddenly/randomly the clock STOPS.

Apart from the ntp vs. openvm-tools thing, do you have an idea what "for weeks"  means in more detail?  Can you check based on last/daily mails/.. how many days it was since last reboot to a) see if it's close to a integer wrap-around or b) to give anyone who wants to reproduce this maybe a clue on how long they'll have to wait?  For that matter, is it a stock 9.0 or your own kernel?  What other modules are loaded?

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!