flowtable usable or not

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Mar 3 20:23:32 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 03:44:42AM -0300, H wrote:
> nobody want to read, they want a desktop nothing else, something silly
> and easy to read email and write docs and surf on the net, listen to a
> CD, they need to put a cd into the drive, running install process,
> reboot, using, nothing else and such a thing ... we do not have

I really recommend this class of users investigate PC-BSD.  It works
"right out of the box" (all the type of work you are frustrated with
has already been done, and is part of their release process).

To my view, comparing FreeBSD to Ubuntu is apples-to-oranges.  A much
better point of comparison is PC-BSD to Ubuntu.

I can't speak to whether or not PC-BSD will meet all your needs, but
it is much more oriented to users than stock FreeBSD.

mcl