flowtable usable or not

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Sat Mar 3 14:20:23 UTC 2012

On 03/03/2012 10:18 AM, H wrote:
> Bas Smeelen wrote:
>>> wow
>>>
>>> since it is not April 1st it must be revelation's day ...:)
>>>
>>> is this then the bottomline ?
>>>
>>> if [ $using_ports=YES ]; get_screwed($big_time); fi
>>>

>> Hey people
>>
>> There are still a lot of us which might not be smart enough or lack
>> the resources to help you debug issues but we still use and depend on
>> FreeBSD, and we test, and hopefully give you some debugging hints
>>
>> I have some production servers running on STABLE  and even some on
>> CURRENT to stress our developers, but most run RELEASE and use
>> freebsd-update
>>
>> Keep up the good work, it makes me a more confident sysadmin
>> Ports is the best thing happening to me after going through al the apt
>> and other stuff
> you talk like the wind blows my friend ...
>
> remembering  your own most recent words in another occasion  what
> certainly do not match your last sentence ...

The last sentences:

In short: FreeBSD makes you think about what you are doing beforehand
which makes a great way to upgrade/ update application, database e.g.
on servers whithout running into service downtime. Other OS's don't or
do it less. I like that a lot, it saves a lot of incoming phone calls.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2012-January/237779.html

Disclaimer: http://www.ose.nl/email