flowtable usable or not

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 3 12:00:47 UTC 2012

Back to the topic of the initial posting:

Where can I find documentation for the "idiot" about flowtable? I can
switch this to "ON" in the kernel config on FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE as well
as in FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT. But I can not find any hint what it is
supposed to do, what benefit it could provide or what working
environment it is aimed to.

There are other kernel options, like IPI_PREEMPTION, which are very poor
"documented". I feel willing to switch on and off options and watch the
system's behaviour, but I'm not willing to find out what those options
are for by running a uncountable number of benchmarks or tests.

It would be really nice to have a very intuitive way to find some
"notes" on that. The "NOTES" files are not sufficient.

Regards
Oliver