flowtable usable or not

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Sat Mar 3 10:12:37 UTC 2012

H <hm at hm.net.br> wrote:

> ... Forever installing FreeBSD Desktop, either KDE or Gnome,
> was a nightmare process, or better, to make it appear on screen
> was a nightmare.

I have never understood the point of KDE or Gnome, other than
(perhaps) as eye candy for the uninitiated.  If I wanted a
Windows desktop, I would install Windows.  If I wanted a Mac
desktop, I would use a Mac.

I do use a few applications that were written using the Gnome
or KDE _toolkits_, but that doesn't require me to run the whole
Gnome or KDE "environment" (aka resource hog).  Fvwm2 seems to
be a perfectly adequate window manager.