Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

Adam Strohl adams-freebsd at ateamsystems.com
Fri Jun 1 11:09:53 UTC 2012

On 6/1/2012 18:03, Jason Leschnik wrote:
> I may be totally incorrect with my above ideas, but it's what i would
> like to see from FreeBSD *again*... This is the reason in the first
> place most people used FreeBSD, stability/scalability/performance are
> the hallmarks of FreeBSD. If we have these hard hitting numbers
> released frequently it gives the dev team a good indication of how
> changes reflect on performance.

This is a good point and the kind of stuff that would make a, for
example, great Slashdot post once finished.

Of course there would be arguments but I think it would be good
exposure.  It certainly would be nice to have a place to point to these
things vs. just saying "its more better and stabler", too.  And if its
not at least its acknowledged so it can be fixed.