lsof needs update

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Sat Jul 21 17:04:07 UTC 2012

> On 21 July 2012 10:36, Daniel Braniss <danny at cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> > hi, lsof on freebsd 9.1:
> > COMMAND  PID USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
> > ntpd    1707 root  cwd                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  rtd                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
> > ntpd    1707 root  txt                                         unknown file
> > system type: newnfs
>
> Did you recompile lsof when upgrading?
>
> Chris
I compiled it last week, but just in case I did it again, samr result

lsof -v
lsof version information:
    revision: 4.86
    latest revision: ftp://lsof.itap.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/
    latest FAQ: ftp://lsof.itap.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/FAQ
    latest man page: ftp://lsof.itap.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/lsof_man
    constructed: Sat Jul 21 20:00:36 IDT 2012
    constructed by and on: root at pe-00
    compiler: cc
    compiler flags: -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -DHASEFFNLINK=i_effnlink -DHASF_VNODE -DHASSBSTATE -DHAS_KVM_VNODE -DHAS_UFS1_2 -DHAS_VM_MEMATTR_T -DHAS_CDEV2PRIV -DHAS_NO_SI_UDEV -DHAS_SYS_SX_H -DHAS_ZFS -DHAS_V_LOCKF -DHAS_LOCKF_ENTRY -DHAS_NO_6PORT -DHAS_NO_6PPCB -DNEEDS_BOOLEAN_T -DFREEBSDV=9000 -DHASFDESCFS=2 -DHASPSEUDOFS -DHASNULLFS -DHASIPv6 -DHASUTMPX -DHAS_STRFTIME -DLSOF_VSTR="9.1-PRERELEASE" -I/usr/src/sys -O2
    loader flags: -L./lib -llsof  -lkvm
    system info: FreeBSD pe-00 9.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #6: Fri Jul 20 17:41:41 IDT 2012 danny at rnd:/home/obj/rnd/r+d/stable/9/sys/HUJI amd64
    Anyone can list all files.
    /dev warnings are enabled.
    Kernel ID check is enabled.
    Device cache file read-only paths:
        Named via -D: none
        Named in environment variable LSOFDEVCACHE: none
        Personal path format (HASPERSDC): "%h/%p.lsof_%L"
        Modified personal path environment variable: LSOFPERSDCPATH
        LSOFPERSDCPATH value: none
        Personal path: /root/.lsof_pe-00
    Device cache file write paths: