The MFC process...

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Jul 17 18:40:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Eitan Adler wrote:

> On 17 July 2012 10:10, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
>>> I have a special place in my email for MFC reminder emails which I use
>>> as a "todo" list. Getting weekly reminders would just be annoying.
>>
>> Why would it be a problem with with MFCs if it isn't a problem for PRs?
>
> Some people find the PR ones annoying. ;)
> A better answer: because sometimes I make a deliberate decision to
> *not* MFC something even though it says "MFC after"

Right now, there's no way for anyone but the original committer to tell
whether an MFC has been forgotten, is delayed, no longer applies, or any
other reason.

>> Unless there was no PR.  Which brings up the question of how can we query
>> for MFCs now?  For example, how many MFCs are past due?  What is the oldest
>> one?
>
> svn mergeinfo --show-revs eligible

But those are just commits that svn sees as eligible for a merge, not
ones with an actual "MFC after" message.

> The OP seemed interested in writing a script to make this output usable.

I'd be interested in this also.