The MFC process...

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Tue Jul 17 16:54:01 UTC 2012

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Eitan Adler wrote:

> On 17 July 2012 09:28, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

>>> Just to add: developers get an automated email at the "MFC after" time
>>> reminding them to MFC.
>>

>> But only once.  It would be nice if it was like PR notifications, once a
>> week.
>
> Please no! If this is the case, it should be an option.

I don't expect it to happen.  But right now, there's only the initial
mail that the MFC is due, and no reminder afterwards.  We have the open
PR mails once-weekly; MFCs are at least as important.

Come to think of it, entering PRs for past-due MFCs could be a way to do
that with the existing systems.