Recommendation for Hyervisor to host FreeBSD

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 11:43:08 UTC 2012

So, my work surprise for a Thursday morning is an urgent requirement to
see if we can run a set of FreeBSD machines under virtualised servers.
I have not done this before personally, but I notice from post here
that it doesnt seem uncommon, and I see Xen related commits flowing
past, so I am guessing it is doable.

So, for running 8 or 9 STABLE can anyone recommend which hypervisor
works best, and is 8 or 9 better as the OS to run ? Am doing a bit
of research myself, but nothing beats persoanl experience in these
matters!

cheers,

-pete.