Reducing the need to compile a custom kernel

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 11 13:00:57 UTC 2012

Le ven 10 fév 12 à 14:56:04 +0100, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>
 écrivait :
> Hi,

Hello,

> The question is, is this enough? Or asked differently, why are you
> compiling a custom kernel in a production environment (so I rule out
> debug options zhich are not enabled in GENERIC)? Are there options
> which you add which you can not add as a module (SW_WATCHDOG comes to
> my mind)? If yes, which ones and how important are they for you?

Not very important, but since you are asking, is there another place to
put options to atkbd and sc, like these ones:

options 	ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP	# specify the built-in keymap
makeoptions	ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP=fr.iso.acc

options		SC_KERNEL_CONS_ATTR=(FG_LIGHTGREEN|BG_BLACK)
options		SC_KERNEL_CONS_REV_ATTR=(FG_WHITE|BG_GREEN)
options		SC_NORM_REV_ATTR=(FG_WHITE|BG_BLUE)

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.