Building the kernel and userland with llvm/clang

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kode5.net
Tue Aug 28 15:32:13 UTC 2012

Hi

I've been reading some information about building my system, FreeBSD Stable/9, using llvm/clang; the site I've been looking at is http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang.

I was wondering about the benefits of doing so and also - and probably more importantly - if there are potential problems that might mean it's not worthwhile doing. Having read it again today there doesn't seem to be any likely problems

I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice about this if possible.

There's no particular reason I am thinking of doing this, I'm a student and so I just like to try things out and tinker with my system.

Best Wishes, Jamie.