iSCSI boot driver 0.2.5 (isboot.ko) has been released.
lists at jnielsen.net
Thu Aug 23 05:31:24 UTC 2012
On Aug 21, 2012, at 11:43 PM, Daisuke Aoyama <aoyama at peach.ne.jp> wrote:
> You can download the source file from:
Thank you for this great work! I can see a lot of potential applications for it. I set up a test machine and got as far as booting the FreeBSD 10-CURRENT kernel from an istgt LUN, but it failed to find the root device--the isboot.ko module loaded fine but the iBFT handoff didn't happen so the network was not configured early enough. This machine has an sk(4) NIC, and I am chain-loading gPXE using the "undionly.kpxe" image.
I have a few questions for you (or other knowledgeable people on the list):
1) Does iBFT require hardware support in the NIC?
2) Does iBFT require NIC driver support?
3) Is anything required in loader.conf besides isboot_load="YES"?
3) How hard would it be to get this working with sk(4)?
4) Is it likely to work (better) if I find an em(4) card instead?
More information about the freebsd-stable