ZFS panic on a RELENG_8 NFS server

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 10 20:46:54 UTC 2011

Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote
  in <20110910.044841.232160047547388224.hrs at allbsd.org>:

hr> Hiroki Sato <hrs at freebsd.org> wrote
hr>   in <20110907.094717.2272609566853905102.hrs at allbsd.org>:
hr>
hr> hr>  During this investigation an disk has to be replaced and resilvering
hr> hr>  it is now in progress.  A deadlock and a forced reboot after that
hr> hr>  make recovering of the zfs datasets take a long time (for committing
hr> hr>  logs, I think), so I will try to reproduce the deadlock and get a
hr> hr>  core dump after it finished.
hr>
hr>  I think I could reproduce the symptoms.  I have no idea about if
hr>  these are exactly the same as occurred on my box before because the
hr>  kernel was replaced with one with some debugging options, but these
hr>  are reproducible at least.
hr>
hr>  There are two symptoms.  One is a panic.  A DDB output when the panic
hr>  occurred is the following:

 I am trying vfs.lookup_shared=0 and seeing how it goes.  It seems the
 box can endure a high load which quickly caused these symptoms.

-- Hiroki