can audio CDs be played with ATA_CAM ?

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Tue Nov 1 19:40:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:01:29 +0200
Claude Buisson <clbuisson at orange.fr> wrote:

> I will do another test on 9.0 (after rebuilding the ports), and
> eventually get rid of ATA_CAM and wait (im)patiently for a
> knowledgeable one to have a look at the problem. If this is a real
> problem, I may hope that it will appear after the release of 9.0 and
> its use in the real world.

I just updated my sources, removed ATA_CAM and added atapicam to my
kernel config, and see no difference in behavior.

All of the CD-playing apps are still failing to work properly.  Some
slight improvement, in that most of them are now at least recognizing an
audio CD in the tray, but they still won't play it.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net