Automatic reboot doesn't reboot

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at acm.org
Tue May 3 08:46:39 UTC 2011

On 2011-May-02 16:32:30 +0200, Olaf Seibert <O.Seibert at cs.ru.nl> wrote:
>However, it doesn't automatically reboot in 15 seconds, as promised.
>It just sits there the whole weekend, until I log onto the IPMI console
>and press the virtual reset button.

Your reference to IMPI indicates this is not a consumer PC.  Can you
please provide some details of the hardware.  Are you running ipmitools
or similar?  Does "shutdown -r" or "reboot" work normally?

>panic: kmem_alloc(131072): kmem_map too small: 3428782080 total allocated

I suggest you have a read of the thread beginning
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2011-March/010862.html
(note that mailman has split it into at least 3 threads).

--
Peter Jeremy