Best way to switch from Linux to BSD

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Tue Mar 29 20:30:01 UTC 2011

--On March 29, 2011 3:20:48 PM -0500 Adam Vande More
<amvandemore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Paul Schmehl
> <pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com>wrote:
>
>> Or just follow the instructions.  If people really find that difficult
>>> I'm not sure any OS is going to be the answer long term.  If you do
>>> enough computer use you'll have to follow instructions at some point.
>>>
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-brows
>>> er s.html
>>>
>>>  Imagine that.  And yet you can find numerous posts in questions from
>> people who struggle with it.  Must be stupid people then, huh?
>

> I'll let you answer that.

Your response, more than any other single thing written, perfectly
encapsulates what is "wrong" with the FreeBSD community.

Can't make it work?  Gee, you must be dumb.  It's working for me.

Sanliturk's eloquent explanation.  If you don't get what the problem is
then, you're not going to, and Mehmet said it much better than I.

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst