dtrace ustack kernel panic

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 30 19:52:29 UTC 2011

on 30/07/2011 22:05 maestro something said the following:
> fb82i386# cat /etc/make.conf
> CFLAGS= -O
>
> (accodring to man make.conf only -O and -O2 is supported for CFLAGS anyways)
>
> kernel.debug is the newly compiled kernel (according to the timestamp)
>
> fb82i386# kgdb kernel.debug /var/crash/vmcore.0

Is vmcore.0 also new (i.e. produced with the new kernel)?
Does 'list ...' command still produces no useful output?

P.S. Also, hmm, I think that you shouldn't run kgdb on kernel.debug, just to
avoid any confusion... I think that you should run something like kgdb
/boot/${your installed kernel}/kernel /var/crash/vmcore.0; the debug symbols are
automatically picked up from *.symbols files in the kernel directory.

--
Andriy Gapon