disable 64-bit dma for one PCI slot only?

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Tue Jul 19 13:44:29 UTC 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 7:31 AM, John Baldwin wrote:

>> If we're going to change it, might as well break it down into 4 fields.  Maybe
>> we retain the old format under a legacy switch and/or env variable for users
>> that have tools that parse the output (cough yahoo cough).
>
> The only reason it might be nice to stick with two fields is due to the line
> length (though the first line is over 80 cols even in the current format).  Here
> are two possible suggestions:

I like A for the explicitness, but B is a bit easier to read on an 80 column display.  There's no 'verbose' flag for pciconf, and the '-v' flag has already been claimed for another use; if a verbose flag were to appear, I'd suggest hiding the rev and hdr fields under it and otherwise shortening the line.  However, it's not my bikeshed to paint, and I'll be thrilled with either option A or B or anything in between.

> I went with vendor word first for both A) and B) as in my experience that is
> the more common ordering in driver tables, etc.

Indeed.  Thanks a lot for working on this.

Scott