8.2-STABLE: audio stopped working properly after upgrade to today's sources

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon Jul 4 09:16:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 10:35:28AM +0200, vermaden wrote:
> I have just upgraded to 8.2-STABLE (sources from today) and now my
> audio does not work as it should, its all very, very quiet, even at levels
> 100/100 for PCM/VOL with mixer, also when I plug in the headphones
> they are deaf and sound still plays on the speakers, below are some
> details of my hardware.
>
> I did not done any modifications to GENERIC config, just build it 'as
> is'.
>
> {snip}

You're going to need to disclose what source and build date your
previous kernel/system was, or else it'll be extremely difficult to tell
what commit may have caused your problem.

Furthermore, you cross-posted this to -stable, -questions, as well as
-current.  I don't know why you picked -current; 8.2-STABLE isn't HEAD,
and as such I've removed it from the CC list, as well as -questions
since I imagine more people follow -stable.

| UNIX Systems Administrator                   Mountain View, CA, US |