dell latitude 13

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 08:08:03 UTC 2011

While NVIDIA provides a FreeBSD driver for their stand-alone video, Optimus
is not supported and NVIDIA has stated that they have no plans to support it
for Linux or BSD.

If you Google "FreeBSD NVIDIA optimus", you will find that not only is it
useless other than for Windows, but that it interferes with the main
graphics system, usually Intel 3000 which is actually a part of the Sandy
Bridge CPU.

Since the Intel chip is also still unsupported by FreeBSD, you will be
limited to VEDA support which is very limited.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Retired
kob6558 at gmail.com