8.2-PRERELEASE freezing on reboot (-current OK)

Jonathan Feally vulture at netvulture.com
Sun Jan 30 07:00:37 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2010 3:07 PM, Arno J. Klaassen wrote:
> Quite sure many 8-XXX worlds worked great on this box including reboots,
> I will find the date window when things went wrong.
>
> Merci, Arno

I am curious as to the status of the hanging reboot. I too have some
systems that has had a working reboot on 8-STABLE, but not anymore. I
have seen this issue on 2 different motherboards. One an Asus A7M266-D
(Dual AMD MP 2800+) under 32 bit, and the other a Supermicro H8SSL-I
(Single AMD Athlon X2 4200+) under 64 bit. I am running the following
kernel config (Generic + My Options)

include         GENERIC
ident           COOLMAN

# Firewire
device          sbp

# Crypto
device          crypto

options         DEVICE_POLLING
options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
options         DUMMYNET
options         IPDIVERT
options         IPSEC

Thanks,
-Jon

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner