Carp seems completely broken on 8.2-RC2 and 8.2-PRERELEASE

Paul Schenkeveld freebsd at psconsult.nl
Mon Jan 17 13:25:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 12:14:14PM +0200, Ari Suutari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 16.1.2011 14:41, Paul Schenkeveld wrote:
> >
> > This is the kernel config for test1 and test2:
> >
> >      include         GENERIC
> >      device          carp
>
> Could this be the cause ? In 8.2 it is no longer necessary
> to build custom kernel as carp can be loaded as module.
> I have carp running on two 8.2-RC1 machines without
> problems, I just have
>
> cloned_interfaces="carp0"
>
> in my /etc/rc.conf in addition to normal carp stuff.

Installen a new, true GENERIC kernel, I see that if-carp.ko is loaded
automagically, same result.

Looks like the MAC address of the carp interfaces are not added to the
MAC filter in my sis interfaces.  I'm now building a GENERIC kernel
without if_sis and see what happens if I kldload if_sis.ko from 8.1.

> 	Ari S.

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld