classes and kernel_cookie was Re: Specifying root mount options on diskless boot.

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Jan 10 08:52:38 UTC 2011

> I note that the response to your message from "danny" offers the ability
> to pass arguments to the nfs mount command, but also seems to offer a fix
> for the fact that "classes" are not supported under PXE:
>
>     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/90368
>
> I hope "danny" will offer a patch to mainline code - it would be an
> important improvement (and already promised in the documentation).
I'm willing to try and add the missing pieces, but I need some better explanantion as to what they are, for example, I have no clue what the
kernel_cookie is used for, nor what the ${class} is all about.
BTW, it would be kind if the line in the pxeboot(8):
	As PXE is still in its infancy ...
can be changed :-)

	"danny"