8.2-RELEASE pf rules not loading

Joshua Boyd boydjd at jbip.net
Fri Feb 25 18:03:55 UTC 2011

My pf related lines in rc.conf look like the following:

pf_enable="YES"
pf_rules="/etc/pf.conf"
pflog_enable="YES"
pflog_logfile="/var/log/pflog"
pflog_flags=""

I do have a problem from time to time where the rules won't load, but
that's usually because a DHCP interface has failed to come up and my
rules aren't written exactly properly to allow for that.