urtw0: could not allocate USB transfers

Bernhard Schmidt bschmidt at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 25 12:31:58 UTC 2011

On Friday, February 25, 2011 12:47:12 Etienne Robillard wrote:
> On 25/02/11 06:18 AM, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> >> Hi Bernard,
> >>
> >> For rt287x based cards, you can try using rt28700 chipset instead of
> >> urtw0 on
> >> FreeBSD 8.
> >>
> >> The former is not in the stable src tree, but could be retrieved from here:
> >>
> >> https://gthc.org/distfiles/freebsd/rt2870_fbsd8.tar.gz
> >>
> >> Any takers to make module rt28700 (if_rt2870) officially part of the
> >> FreeBSD src tree?
> >>
> > I'm a bit confused now, shouldn't the rt2870 be supported by run(4)? On
> > a site-note, this is Ralink chipset not a Realtek one.
> >

> I believe this is a different implementation for RT8187 usb network
> adapters than
> run(4). However in my view I found urtw0 buggy, but would certainly take
> a look at run(4) to
> compare the results with wireless networking agaisnt the other driver
> (rt28700).

Yeah, urtw(4) has a few flaws..

- urtw(4): Realtek RTL8187B/RTL8187L
- rum(4): Ralink RT2501/RT2601
- run(4): Ralink RT2700/RT2800/RT3000

So it seems the driver you've posted conflicts with run(4). From a
quick glance at it, it seems to support 11n? If so, can I talk you
into working on getting those bits merged?
Thanks!

--
Bernhard