urtw0: could not allocate USB transfers

Etienne Robillard erob at gthcfoundation.org
Fri Feb 25 11:47:14 UTC 2011

On 25/02/11 06:18 AM, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> On Friday, February 25, 2011 11:03:04 Etienne Robillard wrote:

>>> Well, I have no clue about USB.. but this smells like one of the
>>> endpoints is 'not there'. At least I can't find any reference to
>>> it in the Linux driver. Wanna give attached patch a shot?
>>>

>> Hi Bernard,
>>
>> For rt287x based cards, you can try using rt28700 chipset instead of
>> urtw0 on
>> FreeBSD 8.
>>
>> The former is not in the stable src tree, but could be retrieved from here:
>>
>> https://gthc.org/distfiles/freebsd/rt2870_fbsd8.tar.gz
>>
>> Any takers to make module rt28700 (if_rt2870) officially part of the
>> FreeBSD src tree?
>>
> I'm a bit confused now, shouldn't the rt2870 be supported by run(4)? On
> a site-note, this is Ralink chipset not a Realtek one.

I believe this is a different implementation for RT8187 usb network
adapters than
run(4). However in my view I found urtw0 buggy, but would certainly take
a look at run(4) to
compare the results with wireless networking agaisnt the other driver
(rt28700).

Thanks,

--
Etienne Robillard

Company: Green Tea Hackers Club
Occupation: Software Developer (and CEO)
E-mail:     erob at gthcfoundation.org
Work phone: 450-936-2123
Website (Company):  https://gthc.org/
Website (Blog):     https://gthc.org/blog/
PGP public key fingerprint:    F2A9 32EA 8E7C 460F 1728  A1A7 649C 7F17 A086 DDEC

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy